March 13, 2019 tabbed windows patch, everquest

Home Forums General Discussion March 13, 2019 tabbed windows patch, everquest

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kehleyr
    Participant

I downloaded the updated UI for today’s patch. Before I ran the new UI and even after, my chat windows are all blank and nothing I do get any text in any of them. Plus there is a blank window, with no title that I can’t close and it clicks thru. You say all are tested but not sure what’s wrong.

Thanks.

Drakah
    Keymaster

Could be something up with your UI_name_servername.ini file. That is what designates what filters to which window.
    I know when you first load in, the windows you had are messed up to which tab they are in, so that has to get edited in game.
    But the UI has nothing to do with what chat filters are going into which window.

You could try installing a fresh copy of the UI if you have not already done so, but I doubt that is the culprit, otherwise the UI just wouldn’t load.

Kehleyr
    Participant

Ok I deleted the old folder and installed the updated files. That solved my chat window problem. But it doesn’t have the spell gems I’ve gotten used to (not the classics) and the group/character window and the looks I’ve gotten used to with krome. Are those gone or what files do I need from the old folder?

Thanks.

Kehleyr
    Participant

Basically, it’s all classic.

Drakah
    Keymaster

The group/character window from Krome is specific to that UI. If you like that interface, you would need to do the whole UI, not parts of it.
    The spell icons can be interchanged by copying the TGA files called Spells##.tga and gemicons##.tga

Kehleyr
    Participant

I finally figured out what happened. When I extracted the files, I put the location as the folder I made for the UI, not realizing that a folder will be created when extracting. So the files were in a folder in a folder and when I loaded it, EQ couldn’t find them and used the default UI. Thank you for all your help!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.