New UI Engine for 2023

Home Forums General Discussion New UI Engine for 2023

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Drakah
    Keymaster

As you probably are already aware, there is a “New” UI Engine coming in April of 2023.
    This post can be found at:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/everquest-roadmap-2023.288114/

I am hoping, and fairly certain, they will maintain a custom UI ability for the community. I can only assume that none of the interfaces found here will work any longer though, so we will see what happens when they launch. I am more looking forward to it than being concerned about it since we all knew this would have to happen sooner or later.

I doubt I will dive right into it as I need to get a feel of the structure first before committing to anything, but I will be curious to see what makes it tick for sure.

Stay tuned šŸ™‚

Dmitry
    Participant

Hey man I truly do hope you recreate the UIs. I am a big supporter and will continue to support your work. I can’t play the game without Krome anymore!

Drakah
    Keymaster

I am hoping too šŸ™‚

Tmon
    Participant

Huge supporter of you too Drakah. I have used T. King’s Celtic for a very long time and if not for you keeping that UI alive, I would be sunk.

Dmitry
    Participant

I know they delayed release but have you heard anything about the ui? I’d hate for it to hit right as the new TLP comes out and I have to figure out how to play with the standard UI after using Krome for so long.

Drakah
    Keymaster

It won’t be on live for quite a while. I have been on the test server past several weeks just working on the Inventory window. So you can imagine how terrible this is.

Drakah
    Keymaster

Well, I was able to get some progress done on the “Global” version Inventory Window for all of the Interfaces I create using this layout It is not 100% accurate, but pretty darn close. This is just using the normal Default skin however, which is fine for the time being.

The 1st image is the Live version, 2nd image is on the Test server on the new UI code.

Dmitry
    Participant

That looks really good. Did the scalability hold for the one you made?

Dmitry
    Participant

Iā€™m going to be so sad when the new server launches if I have to use the standard ui

Drakah
    Keymaster

Scalability held just fine, but logging out and logging back in, all scalability went back to 1.0, but that is by the game error not by UI. My gut feeling, this is going to become a disaster, quickly… it is too bad they don’t include my directly on this for input.

Dmitry
    Participant

You have for years made the best UIs the game has ever had. Why the hell wouldn’t they include you? Rhetorical question… it’s Daybreak.

Drakah
    Keymaster

I am at work right now and I am getting messages the patch today really messed up them pushing the new UI code to the live servers, even when I told them don’t do that (insert rolling eye emoji here). They could of waited until they had more of a solid backend for it that did not link into the old UI system. But, too late now.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.