Issue with Buff Window (3/9 patch)

Home Forums General Discussion Issue with Buff Window (3/9 patch)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Cellular07
    Participant

Hello,

I am having issues with the functionality of the buff window after the latest patch (UI Krome file from 3/9).

Everything is displaying as it should, but it is not allowing me to left-click or right-click off buffs within the window. Everything else is working, but the ability to click off a buff (by either left or right clicking).

• This topic was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by Cellular07.
    Attachments:
    Drakah
    Keymaster

I will login to check, but I have not had any issues with it at all.
    The buff window is made to go Left to Right. Not Up and Down.
    The name of the spells goes under the icon.

Drakah
    Keymaster

Ok, I tested it and it works as it should.
    Here is what mine looks like.

Cellular07
    Participant

Always appreciated. You’re the man.

In the past I always removed the buff labels in the EQUI_BuffWindow file, by removing the “pieces” text for 0 through 41. before, it worked with no issues being vertical. Its just something with the latest patch that is causing it

Drakah
    Keymaster

If you want to remove the buff labels, just open the file and at the bottom, remove
    <Pieces>TileLayoutBox:BW_ButtonLabels</Pieces>

and save, should work just fine that way too.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by Drakah.
    Cellular07
    Participant

is there any way to make it clickable in the vertical format, when the labels are removed? it used to work, it just doesnt now. If ti cant be done, I can try to adjust my layout to use the horizontal format.

Drakah
    Keymaster

There should not be any issues to any of the icons at all. If the labels are overlapping the icon, then you couldn’t click it, since it would be layered. But without the labels, none of that would happen.
    Are you sure you dont have something accidentally in front of the buff window that is hindering you from not being able to click it?

Drakah
    Keymaster

Ya you must have something else going on. I removed the Pieces code, and loaded up, and I was still able to click off the icons and such regardless of orientation.

Cellular07
    Participant

It was me.

In the attached screenshot, I deleted all those items, versus just the one line of code “<Pieces>TileLayoutBox:BW_ButtonLabels</Pieces>”

Redoing it, i just removed the one line and it worked. Thank you for your help

Attachments:
    Drakah
    Keymaster

Ah ok cool deal. Ya, the TileLayoutBox is the grouping of all those labels, so if the grouping is deleted, then all those label elements will not load. Glad you figured it out!

Cellular07
    Participant

You’re a rockstar. Please never leave… haha

Drakah
    Keymaster

been 20 years so far, no plans just yet! 🙂

Mogley
    Participant

The problem I am having with the buffs is that the buffs have to either got to the top, the bottom or in the middle of the screen. All my hot keys are on top that is the way I have been playing for 20 plus years. If I move the buffs to the left of the screen I get the buffs but there is no gap between them so you can not right click or left click on them the labels cover the spell icon. If that makes any sense

Attachments:
    Drakah
    Keymaster

That screenshot though is showing it Up/Down, it isn’t coded to be that direction, only Left/Right. You need to unlock the window and resize it to be the correct orientation with the name of the buff under the icon.

Mogley
    Participant

Well I looked all over and nothing that I have found is locked. And I have been using this UI for years now and have always had them on the left side of the screen until this last patch

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.